The head of the independent studio Hazelight does not like the name of the new Xbox from the American publisher Microsoft at all.
During an interview with IGN with passion and love for the narrative genre as well as creating an independent game, Josef Fares , the father of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, A Way Out and soon It Takes Two, did not hesitate to violently tackle the Xbox Series X with his outspokenness : “[ 19459009] Xbox blah blah. It doesn’t matter what they call this Xbox. It’s a confusing fucking name. What’s the matter with Microsoft? They’re losing their minds, man. What the fuck is going on? Like the S, X, Mex, Next series. I mean, who knows that? Come on. This is madness. Call it the Microsoft Box and that’s it. I do not know. It’s a total fucking mess. Believe me, even they are confused in their offices. What the fuck is X, S … I don’t know, what the hell. ”
It is difficult to prove him wrong, he is so right. If Microsoft should necessarily avoid commercial failure like the Nintendo Wii U because of its name, it is clear that we can very quickly get lost with the name of the different models between Xbox One, Xbox One X, Xbox One S , Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. Let us remember that the XSS is less powerful than the XSX, does not have the same design and above all does not have a 4K UHD Blu-ray player.
Xbox Series X exclusives in 2021
- Adios: A pronounced cinematic first-person game that shows how difficult it is to make a decision and stick to it. You no longer want the mafia to use your pigs to remove bodies. When your old friend, who also turns out to be a hitman, comes to deliver a new corpse with his assistant, you dare to tell them that you can’t continue. But your friend doesn’t want you to stop and will try to change your mind. The way you react will change your life
- The Artful Escape: Developed by Beethoven & Dinosaur and published by Annapurna Interactive, this action-adventure game tells the story of Francis Vendetti and his journey between dimensions to create his scenic alter ego. On the night of his very first performance, Francis must live up to a folk legend and fight the cosmic wanderings of his own imagination. It gives pride of place to its history, but does not forget to offer extraordinary clashes, incredible graphics, extraordinary music and an inspired message about what it means to discover who you really are [19459015 ]
- The Ascent: The mega-corporation that owns you and everyone else, The Ascent Group, has just collapsed. Amidst the chaos and confusion, security and order are weakened, and without protection everyone must try to survive without relying on anyone. Stop hostile gangs and corporations, stop them from taking over, and find out what really happened in this single-player and co-op action RPG set in a cyberpunk world
- The Big Con: An adventure game that awakens the teenager in you and tells the story of a teenage girl traveling across the country to save her family’s music video store. Like in the 90s movies, you will always find a trick to persuade others to help you or to steal what you need. You are Ali, a high school student who managed to escape from summer camp and who intends to take revenge on the financial sharks that threaten her mother’s store. And who knows, maybe you’ll collect some soft toys and make some friends while doing so?
- CrossfireX: In 10 years, Crossfire has amassed 650 million gamers, making it one of the world’s most played games on PC. The legendary franchise arrives on Xbox with a variety of multiplayer modes and an epic movie-worthy single player campaign. Discover a global conflict between the two most influential private military factions in the world, Black List and Global Risk. Choose your side and face your opponents in classic or innovative multiplayer modes, which will appeal to all, regardless of level and personal affinities
- Dead Static Drive: Grab your bat, steal a car, and try to survive the otherworldly horrors that line Route 666. Experience an atypical mix of top-down driving and survival horror in this designed title by Team Fanclub. Dead Static Drive tells the story of a road trip that turns into a nightmare, but also of the reaction of its main characters when faced with personal problems. You will have to choose who to trust while facing the horrors that may lie behind your daily life
- Echo Generation: Original Creation follows a group of children who go on adventures like no other as they investigate supernatural events in their hometowns that will change the course of their lives. The title is set in 1993, during a hot summer, the kind of summer that makes you think the world is begging to be traveled and anything seems possible. School is out and your team explores the city to find the source of a mysterious crash in a nearby cornfield. Do you dare to face the supernatural to find out the truth?
- ExoMecha: A brand new competitive online first-person shooter, available for free, set on Omecha, a new virgin planet with exotic environments. The title offers you an impressive gaming experience thanks to its flexible playstyle, unique mechanics, gadgets and abilities, and boss battles
- Exo One: A strange signal, an alien ship … Exo One takes you on an interplanetary journey through space and time. Master an alien means of locomotion and explore distant, enigmatic and desolate landscapes like you’ve never done before. Use gravity and your momentum to reach impressive speeds and dizzying heights. The graphics of Exo One give an ambiance, a unique atmosphere, which combines with the sound effects and the soundtrack with a mesmerizing electric guitar to create a result that seems from another world
- The Gunk: The creators of the SteamWorld franchise bring us a whole new game. Embark on a new adventure as two friends traveling from asteroid to asteroid to find resources they can collect and resell. One day, they land on a planet that looks dead at first glance, but is actually covered with some sort of gooey parasite that corrupts nature and wildlife. You will encounter terrifying enemies and must solve intricate puzzles on your quest to unravel the mystery of a forgotten planet, while trying to save it from its doom
- Halo Infinite: The legendary series returns to bring us the densest campaign in the history of the Master Chief. When all hope seems lost and the fate of mankind is on the line, Master Chief is ready to face the most ruthless foe he has known. Get a fresh start and don the armor of mankind’s greatest hero for an epic adventure and finally experience the full scope of the Halo Ring. Halo Infinite is the most ambitious game in the saga, with a playing field several times larger than that of the last two games combined. You will be able to explore landscapes filled with natural wonders and mysteries and discover a story that will welcome those who will play a franchise title for the first time while continuing the Master Chief saga for the most dedicated fans.
- The Last Stop: This is the new creation of Variable State, the developers in charge of Virginia, an award-winning game. This third person adventure game is set in these days in London. You play three different characters whose destinies intersect as a supernatural crisis erupts. You will meet Donna, a slightly out of step high school student who feels trapped by her too ordinary daily life, John, a 40 year old single father who works too much and Meena, a very involved professionally woman who cannot achieve the same satisfaction in her life from family than at work. This is a title about the hidden lives that anyone can lead, about the bonds that unite us, but also shows that magic can find its place in the ordinary
- Lake: It is September 1, 1986. Meredith Weiss takes a career break and leaves town to become a letter carrier in her hometown. During these two weeks in the beautiful city of Providence Oaks, Oregon, she will meet some famous faces, but also many new faces. You will be free to choose who to talk to, who will be your friends or who you will try to seduce. Whatever happens, at the end of your stay, you will have to make a choice: will you return to your job in the big city or will you stay in this village where you grew up?
- Little Witch in the Woods: A role-playing game that invites you to live a witch’s life. You play as Ellie, a young witch newly arrived in a new city, and you are determined to integrate a “house of witches”. But when you arrive, you quickly realize that the town in question seems deserted and that the witch’s house is under construction. Your ultimate goal will be to master witchcraft by learning how to brew potions, serving as an apprentice, and collecting materials from far away magical and mystical lands rich in unique experiences
- The Medium: Uncover a mystery that only a medium can solve. In an abandoned communist hotel, use your unique clairvoyance skills to uncover its darkest secrets. Solve puzzles as you explore two realities at the same time, and survive encounters with evil spirits. Immerse yourself in a dark and morally ambiguous story, where nothing is really what it seems and everything has another side. As a medium, you see, hear and feel more than others. And with each new discovery, you will change your perspective on what happened to the Hotel Niwa
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: After its huge success on PC, the title will land this summer on Xbox consoles. From light planes to jumbo jets, fly highly detailed and dazzling planes in a hyper-realistic world. Create your flight plan and go anywhere you want. Fly day and night and face realistic and demanding weather conditions
- RPG Time: School is out! Go to an empty classroom to embark on a grand adventure alongside a young developer of video games and his RPG. You will be amazed by his hand-drawn creations as you journey through the surprising and magical world of the imagination
- Sable: Independent title that stages an initiatory quest where discovery and exploration reign, in the heart of an open world desert. This journey to this strange planet will also be personal for Sable, who will explore ancient monuments and fallen ships from the cosmos while learning more about the inhabitants of this world and their place in it. Only a curious mind will be able to understand and assimilate the lessons that are hidden among the grains of sand. Lessons in life, about family and being part of something bigger that goes beyond just existence
- Scorn: Isolated and lost in this dreamlike world, you will explore different regions interconnected in a nonlinear way in a nightmarish universe with a dismal setting, filled with strange shapes. It is designed around the idea of ”parachuting into the world”. Each location has its own theme, puzzles and characters that are integral to creating a cohesive world. You will quickly learn that even the disturbing environment around you is a character in its own right …
- She Dreams Elsewhere: A surreal role-playing game about dreams, nightmares, and mental health. You play as the most anxious Thalia, forced to delve into her dreams to face her inner nightmares, while trapped in a coma. The game mixes a very personal storytelling with an emotional theme that focuses on mental health and self-identification. You will discover a surreal world, visually stunning and filled with mysteries, begging to be explored in great detail
- Shredders: Inspired by the classic Amped, Shredders puts you at the top of the best slopes, freeride spots and other snowparks. The title simply seeks to transcribe the pleasant feeling of hitting a track. In addition to its stunning graphics, next-gen physics, and the perfect blend of arcade and realism, Shredders puts the social aspect first
- Song of Iron: A racy action adventure game that likes to be provocative. It immerses you in a Nordic world filled with mystery and danger. Your epic will take you beyond mystical lands, to the realm of the gods. You will have to face men, monsters and nature itself to achieve your ends. Use a bow, ax and shield to defend yourself, but beware: weapons can be lost, arrows will run out and shields will shatter… Thanks to the blood of your ancestors and the valor you will regain during your career. journey, you can continue to fight!
- Tunic: The title pays homage to action-adventure classics, but also features unique items, advanced combat techniques, and uncovering the mysteries of the arcanum. You play as a little fox in a huge world, which must explore the countryside, fight monsters and uncover secrets. Our hero will have to forge his own destiny in this fascinating new world
- Twelve Minutes: A romantic evening with your wife turns into a drama when a man breaks into your home, accuses your wife of murder, and leaves you for dead. Until you wake up, stuck in a 12-minute time loop and doomed to relive that terrible evening over and over again. It plays with the codes of gaming and cinema by offering an extraordinary cast of actors, including James McAvoy, Daisy Ridley and Willem Dafoe, who bring the complex and nuanced characters of the adventure to life perfectly
- Unexplored 2 – The Wayfarer’s Legacy: An action-oriented RPG that seeks to recreate the adventurous and magical sensations of paper role-playing. The title is filled with magnificent landscapes, hidden wonders, magical creatures as well as dangerous enemies, mythical weapons and historical objects. Unexplored 2 leverages an advanced generation of content so that each player, each player, can live their own story in a unique world, taking on unique challenges
- Warhammer 40K – Darktide: Developed by the creators of the award-winning, multi-million-selling co-op franchise Vermintide, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide is a new 4-player co-op game set in the Tertium Hive. Fight with your friends against hordes of enemies in this new Warhammer 40,000 adventure. Rediscover Vermintide 2’s beloved melee combat system and also discover firearms for deep and balanced gameplay. Appreciate the distance between you and your opponents to juggle your ranged and melee weapons, and feel the impact of every sword blow or shot from your weapon
- Way to the Woods: A doe and a fawn set off on a journey through an abandoned world to return home. This third-person, single-player adventure game is developed by Anthony Tan, featuring music from Aivi and Surasshu, the composers of the Steven Universe series. Solve the mystery of Cat Town, escape a pack of wolves and find your way in this world filled with relics of the ancient gods, the humans
- The Wild at Heart: Take command of a swarm of magical creatures in this action-adventure game about kids’ getaways. Fight against wild animals and supernatural opponents, build new paths and discover a forgotten world. Forests, caves, coasts, ancient temples … There is no shortage of places filled with puzzles to solve and secrets to discover!