A year of surprise musical events with the “P25: Music” initiative.
To celebrate 25 years of Pokémon, The Pokémon Company International has decided to partner with Universal Music Group (UMG) and their division responsible for branding strategies, Universal Music Group for Brands, to work with rising stars and renowned international artists to highlight license milestones with a universal language that unites all human beings… music. The pop icon, Katy Perry , is thus the headliner of a musical program that will last all year.
You can’t have a party without a playlist! Right, @katyperry ?
– Pokémon (@Pokemon) January 13, 2021
“ Whether it’s with the first games on Game Boy , the Pokémon TCG games at lunch break, or even going on an adventure with Pokémon Go [19459010 ], Pokémon has always been part of my life , ”announces singer Katy Perry. “ I even went to Pokémon Café in Japan when I was on tour. It is an honor to have been chosen to celebrate a brand that has given me so much joy over the past 25 years, and to have been fortunate enough to see the way it provides a kind of electric joy to children evolving. surround me, and children all over the world. ”
Pokémon: a commemorative video for the 25 years
“ Toys. Games. The cards. Cartoons. Memories. A thought to all those who started out catching Pokémon … and got hooked on them. We begin the 25th anniversary celebrations by going back in our memories! ”
A series of events dedicated to fans and in honor of 25 years of Pokémon
- A Journey Through the World of Pokémon: Since the first video games in 1996, the franchise has revealed a new region of the Pokémon world with each release of a game in the main series. In 2021, The Pokémon Company International will invite fans to relive their journey to each of these regions in a year-round program. This adventure will begin in the Galar region, a region recently discovered in the Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield video games, and will end with the Kanto region, the very first region discovered in the Pokémon Red Version and Pokémon Blue Version games
- Programs and products: Pokémon adventures are to be shared with friends, The Pokémon Company International therefore partners with other iconic brands so that fans can party all year round with special promotions and products unique. The brand will celebrate its 25th anniversary with Build-A-Bear Workshop, General Mills, Levi’s, McDonald’s, Jazwares, Scholastic, Mattel, Funko, PowerA, The Wand Company Mattel and Funko. Other partners and their participation in this anniversary will be announced throughout the year
- Pokémon Trading Card Game: The TCG is one of the pillars of the brand. Fans will discover special 25th anniversary collections throughout the year. In the meantime, fans will be able to collect large format cards of Pikachu and the first Pokémon partners from different regions throughout the Pokémon World Regions retrospective
- Celebrations all over the world of Pokémon: With all the events planned for the 25th anniversary for the Pokémon cartoon, Pokémon video games, mobile games, including Pokémon Go and Pokémon Masters EX, and all other announcements made by the brand, fans will have a year full of new adventures!